Cuts Watch #141: Cuts in Department for Energy and Climate Change
The Department for Energy and Climate Change (DECC) has published further details on how its budget will be cut, in response to the Treasury’s £6.2 billion of in-year spending reductions.Cuts include:
- £4.7 million cut from the final funding rounds of the Bio-Energy Capital Grants Scheme and the Bio-Energy Infrastructure Scheme.
- £1 million cut from funding for development of Deep Geothermal energy.
- Closure of the Energy Saving Trust technology trials.
- £3 million cut from the Offshore Wind Capital Grants Scheme.
- A cut of £2.9 million from the Central Government Low Carbon Technology Programme.
- An in-year funding cut of £12.6 million for the Carbon Trust.