Cuts Watch #178: Voluntary groups
NCVO have been asking voluntary organisations to provide them with information on how they are being affected by funding cuts – over 700 have replied and the details of the cuts they are experiencing can be seen here in a comprehensive and growing spreadsheet. Organisations that have reported significant budget cuts include:
- The Forest Bus: a community development charity that provides after school groups and youth work for children and young people living in ‘hard to reach’ rural and urban communities.
- Learning Through Action: a charity that provides interactive learning workshops to children and young people.
- Aspire Sheffield: a social enterprise that provides employment opportunities for homeless and other vulnerable people.
- South Leeds Community Radio: an independent charity that involves local people in making their own radio programmes.
- Central Mediation Services: a small charity that provides mediation services in community disputes.
NCVO are still collecting information, and have also produced a range of resources to support charities as the cuts begin to bite.